Sunday 13 November 2016

Michael Loebenstein, CEO of the National Film & Sound Archive resigns

This letter, sent to me and several others at least, came in this morning just as I was jumping onto a plane to New Zealand.

Dear Geoff,

You may have already learned earlier today that the NFSA will conduct an international search for a new CEO. This follows my resignation from the position effective early January 2017, and my return to my native Vienna where I will take up a new role as director of the Austrian Film Museum.  It has been an amazing five years at the helm of the NFSA and as part of the community here. However new adventures await Elaine, Mila and me back in Europe. 

It has been a privilege to lead the NFSA during difficult times of change and renewal.  I believe I leave the NFSA in the best possible shape and ready to continue demonstrating excellence, despite the financial challenges. Crucial programs and projects are well on track and supported by a great team here. 

However this is not a farewell — I’m not a sitting duck and still at the NFSA until the first week of January. As I am not the kind of person who checks out mentally it’s definitely business as usual for the weeks to come. The launch of the NFSA Strategic Plan and website today demonstrates that clearly, and should the executive search take longer we have an outstanding team of deputies and managers to provide leadership during the transition. 

I look forward to seeing you over the coming days and weeks. 


Best regards, 

Michael


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.